Re: Timer applet, alarm applet?

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 12:53, wwp wrote:
> Hey all!
>

> I've given a try to the timer applet (1.2, FC5/GNOME). Does anyone know a
> similar GNOME applet for reminders/alarms? The timer applet only does
> countdowns, and I'd like to set similar alarms at fixed date/time for
> instance.
>
> Any hint?
>

> Regards,

Although it's KDE and not Gnome, KAlarm has worked very well for me -- even
when I was running a Gnome desktop. You can set it tell you that the coffee
will be done in ten minutes, or to perpetually remind you that Friday is
payday. I'm not sure if it is available as a separate rpm, or if it is part
of a kde package.
-- cmg