RE: Break a mirrored drive on Linux

>  Breaking a mirrored drive
> Is there a way in Linux to break a mirror, and then use the drive that

> was broken for some new partition (example: /home). FC3 and FC4. I am
> running out of space and I am finding the RAID 1 is no longer desired.

>You can use 'mdadm --fail ...', then 'mdadm --remove ...' to take it
out of the raid which will continue working fine >>with only a single
member.  Be sure to change the partition type when you re-use it so the
system won't try to auto-detect and map it back in when you boot up.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com

This worked! One more question if I reboot I guess it will find the new
device and begin rebuilding the partition. So how do I change the
partition type, and should I change it to the main drive /dev/sda1 or
the second drive /dev/sdb1 (which has been removed). (fdisk?)

mB.