Re: smart package mgr question?

On Sunday 01 October 2006 02:01, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Except that there is no proper way to revert back changes that
> is done through install scripts or triggers and what not. There
> is also the thing that QA is never done on downgrades.

Good points. It's the reason I almost never accept downgrades
suggested by Smart, except when I'm trying to get around some
dependency issue, and intend to reinstall the current packages
immediately after - I have done it on one or two other occasions,
but for very special circumstances. As I mentioned earlier in
this thread, Smart always gives you an approval window where it
lists exactly what it intends to do before proceeding, and
there's a cancel button.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA