Re: Replacing/Adding new hard disk to FC5

On Mon October 2 2006 12:24 pm, Tony Nelson wrote:
> There is no "vs." here.  Using LVM is independent of using
> EXT3.  LVM is a partitioning scheme, while EXT2/3 are
> filesystem types.  The merits of LVM are vs. other partitioning
> schemes such as Basic, Extended, or GUID.  The merits of EXT3
> are vs. other filesystem types such as EXT2, FAT32, or NTFS.

OK - you're right. You knew what I meant, I'm sure, but, it's
always useful to clarify, and avoid misconceptions. I shall be
more precise on this subject in the future.

And thanks to Paul for that useful explanation. That was helpful.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA