Re: FC5 - ISO burning

Paul Smith wrote:
On 10/6/06, Antonio Montagnani <antonio montagnani gmail com> wrote:

I have given up of using k3b, as very often it works wrongly (many
wasted disks). The best way is learning how to burn CDs/DVDs with the
command line. The following site is quite instructive:

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialCDBurn.html

Now, to solve your particular problem, burn your iso with the command:

cdrecord -v dev=/dev/dvd -data /tmp/cd-iso-image-file.iso

Paul

That's interesting because I've never had a bad disc created by K3b. Unless of course the media itself was bad, which it wouldn't matter how you burned it. k3b has always been rock solid for me no matter what burner I've used.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator