Re: setup broad band connection from terminal in redhat 7.0

On Oct 9, 2006, at 6:52 AM, Tim wrote:

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 15:48 +0530, yogesh banasdairy coop wrote:
how to setup broad band connection from terminal in redhat 7.0

You've posted to the wrong list, for a start.  I haven't used 7.0 in
donkeys years, and it would depend on how you were connecting to the ISP
(whether the modem does your log-on, and it's just another ethernet
device on your LAN; or if your modem is just a modem, and you use PPPoE
on the PC).  Roaring Penguin was the name of a package for broadband,
ages ago.  You might want to look into that one.

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Sure seems dangerous to me, thinking of connecting such an old distribution onto the internet. Security vulnerabilities without fixes. Might as well put a patched Windows system on the internet.

Also, other programs like Mozilla (if it was even offered on 7.0) would be way out of date.

If the hardware isn't sufficient for an up to date distribution like Fedora, then a clone of an older RHEL release like 2.1 would seem a better choice. Still supported.