Re: Web Page Watcher

On 10/9/06, Paul Lemmons <paul lemmons tmcaz com> wrote:
Ok, I have considered it now and it would be fairly easy to accomplish.
I am not sure it would be valuable though. There is a significant amount
of data in the headers that is different every time the page is called.
Are there particular fields that are only updated when the content of
the page has changed? Or were you looking for something else completely?

You may be able to get some of what you need with the
If-Modified-Since request header.  The server should then respond with
the page if it has changed or another header stating that it has not
changed.

Not every web app honours the header though, so some sites may require
you to check the page anyway.