Re: very large ram disk problems -- swapping, caching, and why tmpfs and not ext2 or reiserfs

Matthew Kirk wrote:

1.  When I fill my ext2 or reiserfs ram disk (but not tmpfs) to the 1 GB
point, the system complains that it has insufficient memory, kills some

Monitor the kernel allocation situation with

slabtop

see what bulges at the seams before it blows chunks, maybe it can give a clue.

-Andy