SSH question

I'm sure the answer to this question is incredibly simple and I have looked through the archives, but I really don't know what to look for (hence the poor subject).

I want to ssh into a remote machine, start a download (say wget -c xyz.iso), then close my ssh session, but still maintain the download while I'm no longer logged into the remote machine.

Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks,
Mike

--

 God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
  01:15:02 up 26 min,  7 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.22, 0.28

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org