Re: SSH question

Ed Greshko wrote:
M.Lewis wrote:
I'm sure the answer to this question is incredibly simple and I have
looked through the archives, but I really don't know what to look for
(hence the poor subject).

I want to ssh into a remote machine, start a download (say wget -c
xyz.iso), then close my ssh session, but still maintain the download
while I'm no longer logged into the remote machine.

Can this be done? If so, how?

I find it easiest to use wget with the -b parameter along with nohup as in:

nohup wget -b -c http://blah.blah.com

Thanks Ed and Ronald. That was exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks,
Mike

--

 SENILE.COM found... Out Of Memory.
  02:00:01 up  1:11,  7 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.44, 0.36

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org