Re: Gluing two mp3 files

Tim:
>> I'm curious as to what would happen if you tried that with files that
>> were encoded with different rates.

Dotan Cohen
> You'd get what's known as a VBR mp3 file. That's Variable Bit Rate.
> Some encoders actually do this automatically, several times a second.

I know about variable bit rate encoding, but did wonder whether bodging
something together, like that, would work.  As well as the change in
rates, I was thinking whether there was a beginning and end of file
marker, and if you'd end up with a player stopping at the end of the
first MP3.

I have done similar things with MPEG videos before, joining a couple
together through brute force, and it usually works if they've got the
same x by y pixel sizing, but not always.

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.