Re: Name and e-mail address of package maintainers

On 10/17/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
>> > How to find out the name and e-mail address of the maintainer of a
>> package?
>> >
>> If it's a Core/Updates package, you'll need to check its changelog
>> entries:
>> $ rpm -q --changelog <pkg> | less
>>
>> If it's an Extras package, you can find it in the owners.list file [1]
>> in CVS.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/*checkout*/owners/owners.list?root=extras
>>

> Thanks, Peter and Ronald. I wanted to contact the maintainer of R to
> remind him that R version 2.4.0 was released two weeks ago.

You should use that using bugzilla rather than mail maintainers.
Bugzilla reports are public, query able, trackable etc.

OK, Rahul, I will do so in the future. I just thought that a simple
e-mail would remind the maintainer. And, by the way, he was very kind
and the update is pushed.

Paul