FC5/KDE3.5 beamer woes

Hi All,

My FC5/KDE3.5 system does not automatically project the screen to a
beamer, and i have to to tinker with the resolution (basically by
lowering it) to always get it working.

Question is - how can i get FC5/KDE3.5 to automatically detect a
beamer and its resolution and project the proper screen to the beamer?
It is a bit embarassing at times i must say. What packages must i
update, if any? (sorry but i prefer KDE to GNOME, in case GNOME works
well, and i would much appreciate someone to help me fix this using KDE!)

ta
ebm