Re: X won't start after update to latest kernel [Solved]

Craig White wrote:

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 18:48 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
I see several problems being reported with the latest 2.6.18-1.2200 kernel. I just updated the kernel and kernel module for the ATI card from the Livna repo. My system is now completely unable to start X. I tried booting to runlevel three, but no dice. Tried booting into the three previous kernels I still have on my system, but X won't start with those either. This seems a little different than other problems being reported. Any one have a thought? It seems strange that all the kernels have this issue - someone else reported they were able to boot in the previous kernel.
----
try booting into runlevel 3, login as root and try...

system-config-display --reconfig

Craig

Thank you, Craig - that did it.