Thing that don't just work

Hi,

I have a few items that either don't work at all, or don't work out of the box.

Doesn't work at all (as far as I've been able to do anything about;

ahci on my 2  SATA drives

Doesn't work out of the box;

DVD+rw drive & DVD-ROM drive
	I have to set the kernel options irqpoll noapic
	I get the drive confused message, and integrity of writes is very bad

My motherboard is an ASUS P5W DH

As much as I hate Windoze, it works without intervention on the DVD's, I haven't tested the ahci.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Todd