Re: Looking for a bookmark manager/server

On 10/19/06, Gabor Walter <gabor walter gmail com> wrote:
Yes, this may be the best solution. I'm not dissatisfied with Bookmark4u. So
I don't need to reimplement it; I don't need (at this point) new features.
So it seems (in the absence of the existence of an actively maintained
bookmarker server) the best solution will be to port it to PHP5. I can do
that. I was just hoping I didn't have to spend the time learning PHP, and
more, the differences between 4 & 5. I'm an academic programmer (meaning I
learn what I need to accomplish my tasks) and am more comfortable with
python, ruby and the like and don't normally use PHP. Oh, well. Another item
for my CV... ;-)
 You may want to take a look at SiteBar Bookmark Manager available at http://sitebar.org .

Gabor Walter
Hungary

Thanks for this suggestion. Yes, I've tried this in the past. I thought the user interface was fairly unstable at the time. I ought to revisit it to see if it is working better.

Kirk