Re: fstab and LABEL=

Mark Haney wrote:
I'm a little confused about the LABEL= option in /etc/fstab. Let's say I have this line in my fstab:

LABEL=/home/archiv /home/archive3 xfs defaults 1 2

And I want to change the mountpoint of this to /archive instead of /home/archive3. Will I need to (or should I) edit the LABEL= to reflect the changes? Or can I just use the /dev/ instead?
Don't edit the LABEL in /etc/fstab unless you're able to change it on the disk right now as well. The label is stashed in the filesystem header. The system scans all not-in-use partitions for labels when you try to mount a drive that way.

Jeff