Re: Server Access Problem

On 10/20/06, Dan Track <dan track gmail com> wrote:
Hi

I've got an interesting problem. Basically I've installed a server (to
be honest its rhel 2.1), and I neglected to install any network tools.
I currently don't have physical access to it. I only have kvm access
to the console. Since I can't find any familiar network tools e.g
wget, ftp, ssh .telnet I'm at a loss as to how to download the
packages on to the server. Just to add the server does have network
connectivty.

Does anybody have any smart ideas?

Thanks in advance
Dan

Hi Dan Track!

So, what does the server serve.

If files then you have access to get files in.  Copy files to the
shared directory.

If web pages, what services are active (PHP, Python, etc) and what is
run.  Very many possible ways in.

If worse comes to worse, hex dump / editor  - copy / paste your first
basic exchange tool (serial tty from another machine).

Good Hunting!

Tod