Re: OT: labelling CD/DVD disks

On 23/10/06, Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs earthlink net> wrote:
At some point in time it was reported that the inks commonly used in
marking pens contained solvents that could degrade the disk material
over time, which led the Sharpie people to market a special CD/DVD
marker for the purpose. Yeah, I bought one.

I'm not contradictining you, but recently I had a disk that was
scratched on the label side and would not read. I could literally see
through the scratch. I took a Black marker -Artline 70 - and coloured
over the scratch. Lo and behold- I could read the disc.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/love.html
http://essentialinux.com/linux-software.php