Re: Can't boot kernel-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5

Hi Mel,

Fedora installs grub. :) So nothing different...

You can edit menu.lst or typically run grub command line and edit the boot
options. I wrote how to edit the grub boot options on grub screen.

You can disable ACPI for 2.6.18-xxx kernel. I think it is where you have
trouble. Just edit 2.6.18 -xxx kernel boot options and add acpi=off to the
end  of line. I think what you experienced is a kernel issue due to the fact
that you can boot with 2.6.17 kernel.

Kernel keeps track of all messages.

If 2.6.18 fails to boot remove it and run 2.6.17 kernel. Besides you can file
a bug report for a fix. That is all I can offer at the moment.

Goksin Akdeniz