Re: ntpd and kernel message set_rtc_mmss: can't update

On Monday 23 October 2006 19:29, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> On 10/23/2006 08:13 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 23 October 2006 04:29, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> >> Yes, my step-tickers was empty,
> >
> > My step-tickers contains three pool addresses, one local network address,
> > and a line which I don't recognise at all -
> >
> > 127.127.1.0
> >
> > Should that be there?  If so, what does it mean?  It makes no sense to
> > me.
>
> See file:///usr/share/doc/ntp-4.2.0.a.20050816/refclock.html .  It's a
> reference to a local clock.  Presumably, if you don't have one, you can
> remove it.

Thanks for the reference.
<quote>
This driver is intended for use in an isolated network where no external
source of synchronization such as a radio clock or modem is available.
</quote>

So with three pool addresses and a fall-back local address, it looks as though
it could go.  OTOH, it does not harm.

Thanks again

Anne