Re: Bad SATA devices performance

The problem comes when I burn a DVD ISO in a blank DVD.

I lost all my graphical interface to continue working in other aplications
(as firefox, openoffice, thunderbird).

When I say "lost", I want to say that all graphical system (and system
performance) slow down drastically. I notice that "average load" in
"gnome-performance-monitor" goes up, but CPU a bit loaded only.

Any tool, kernel param, or anything that allow me to diagnose and solve
this problem?

My laptop appears to have any intel ┬┐"ICH"? controller (I don't know at
this moment).

Thanks

El Mar, 24 de Octubre de 2006, 13:34, David Timms escribi├│: