Re: FC 5 > FC6 via YUM update

Joe Klemmer wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Lonni J Friedman wrote:

Is it possible to upgrade via YUM to FC6 from FC5?

In theory, it should work, but its not a 'supported' upgrade method.
You need to manually upgrade the fedora-release RPM, and then you
should be able to just run 'yum update'.

I've done it several times successfully upgrading from FC4 to FC5.  I
plan to try again for FC6.

The only problem that I had was with a package called linphone. I never used it, so I removed it. The upgrade was successful from devel to FC6. FC5 to FC6 may take some time to resolve and proceed onto the upgrade of the installation.

Jim

--
Reality always seems harsher in the early morning.