Re: New FC6 upgrade just displays "grub" -

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Bob Goodwin wrote:
Ok, I managed to repair GRUB but now when it boots I have two options, the one it wants to boot [highlighted], the second line, is shown as fc6PAE?

More cryptic stuff.  perhaps someone can tell me what that's about?

Bob Goodwin

PAE is Physical Address Extension. It is for 32-bit x86 systems with more than 4 GB of RAM.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.html#id330513

Rahul

Ok, thank you, I don't have that much memory in that computer so I don't need to boot that kernel. I don't use know how much memory that computer has but it's no where near 4G.

Other than that it looks like the upgraded system is working?

Bob Goodwin