Re: OT: the rm bug hit me again

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Charles Curley <charlescurley <at> charlescurley.com> writes:

The core skill I learnt as a sysadmin was not "don't do rm *" but "pause
and THINK before pressing return".

Or run "ls ..." first, then uparrow and replace the ls with the rm.

Or use a graphical file manager. Krusader not only lets you see what you're deleting while you're selecting it, it also prompts you for confirmation, presenting the list of the files and/or directories you're deleting again (i.e. it implicitly does the ls).

        Kevin Kofler

Graphical file manager?  That isn't the *nix way of doing things.  :)

And the -f in the rm command it to stop the "Confirm delete?" questions. My rm is set to confirm all deletes using alias.

--
Robin Laing