Re: OT: the rm bug hit me again

On 10/25/06, Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:
Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Charles Curley <charlescurley <at> charlescurley.com> writes:
>
>>>The core skill I learnt as a sysadmin was not "don't do rm *" but "pause
>>>and THINK before pressing return".
>>
>>Or run "ls ..." first, then uparrow and replace the ls with the rm.
>

> Or use a graphical file manager. Krusader not only lets you see what you're
> deleting while you're selecting it, it also prompts you for confirmation,
> presenting the list of the files and/or directories you're deleting again (i.e.
> it implicitly does the ls).
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Graphical file manager?  That isn't the *nix way of doing things.  :)

And the -f in the rm command it to stop the "Confirm delete?" questions.
   My rm is set to confirm all deletes using alias.

--

How exactly did you do this? I got bit by this bug once in my Linux
life, would prefer it never happens again.

--
Fedora Core 5 and proud