Re: What is the consensus on the best partition scheme and size?/Keeping home separate

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 02:17:28PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> 2) and speaking of /tmp, i'm pondering the idea of moving /tmp under
> /var and symlinking /tmp -> /var/tmp.  i could have sworn that there
> was something in the FHS that suggested that /tmp really belonged
> under /var because of its dynamic nature.

I like /tmp to be fast, and /var/tmp to be large, so I create a large swap
and use tmpfs for /tmp:

/etc/fstab:
/tmp                    /tmp                    tmpfs   defaults        0 0

- or -

/tmp                    /tmp                    tmpfs   size=xxxM       0 0

Regards,

	Bill Rugolsky