Re: OT: Looking for wood-grain patterns

Mike McCarty wrote:
tom poe wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:
- - - snip - - -

Does anyone know of wood grain patterns which we could use?

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook17/page_6.htm

Mike: Didn't catch the original question, but the above link might be of interest.
Tom

That's an interesting suggestion. What tool is that, how much
does it cost, and does it run with Linux and Windows? I'm not
a graphical expert at all. Clueless comes to mind.

Mike

http://www.sxc.hu/
stock photos might be of some interest.

Xara recently went Open Source. It is heads and shoulders above Photo Shop. They have the base free, and modules for $10 - $90USD. There is a huge collection of tutorials, and the community is receptive to new users. www.xara.com offers a couple videos for demo viewing.
Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom  Poe
n:Poe;Tom
org:Open Studios
adr:;;1315 Cleveland Avenue;Charles City;IA;50616;USA
email;internet:tompoe fngi net
title:Director
tel;work:sip://506167 voxalot com
tel;home:641-228-3271