Re: OT: the rm bug hit me again

Robin Laing wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

alias rm='rm -i'

Mike

And put it in your .bashrc file so it is there all the time.
This is what I have in mine. I use the --backup=t command to make copies of files instead of overwriting the files. This way I don't accidently destroy a file when one is a duplicate name of another.

[snip]

Of course if you use the -f in with the rm command, you are toasted anyways as the interactive response is overridden.

That's the way I have my root account set up. I execute the command,
and answer several until I make sure that its doing what I expect, then
if it's going to be a long tiresome process to do each one, I
use ^C and reissue the command with -f.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.