SSH connection closed

I recently replaced my wireless router. I'm now using a Linksys WRT54G and I noticed that my SSH connections are being closed after roughly 10 minutes of idleness. When I trace my connection, I get this just before it closes:

[SSH LOCAL ONLY] : RECV: TCP/IP close
[SSH LOCAL ONLY] : State Change: SSH_STATE_CONNECTION->SSH_STATE_CLOSED
[SSH LOCAL ONLY] : Connected for 607 seconds, 1401 bytes sent, 2231 bytes received

Is this something the new router is doing? Nothing on this machine has changed and the connections getting closed started happening after the new router was installed. Is anyone else on the list use the same router and tell me if it's doing the same to you?

By the way, the same thing happens with my SMTP connection. If Thunderbird happens to be set to check e-mail every 15 minutes, after 10 minutes the connection gets closed and Thunderbird has to reconnect again.

   Thanks.

--
R | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley pcraft com>   .   303.442.6410 x130