Re: Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

On 10/26/06, Lonni J Friedman <netllama gmail com> wrote:
> I cannot boot anymore, as I get the following message of kernel panic:
>
> «Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded. Halting now.
>
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!»
>
> This occurred after uninstalling+installing kernel. Any ideas?

You could just disable selinux at boot time with the selinux=0 kernel parameter.

Thanks, Lonni. Something really funny happens now: it boots, but it
goes to the FC4 partition instead of going to the FC6 one. Grub
activates the partition of FC6 and then mysteriously goes booting the
FC4 partition. What magic is playing on my computer?

Paul