excessice cpu utlization

I have a Dell workstation and a Dell laptop. Both running FC5 with Xgl
and compiz and it worked great ...

Now I am running FC6 with aiglx and compiz and it seems to be requiring
more resources to run. The more apps I open the poorer the performance
(I know, Duh) but I did not have this problem with my previous setup and
config.

Anyone else notice this ... I have seen instances of higher cpu heat
temps and I am wondering if these two issues coincide.

James Dickson