Re: FC6 - booting problems with Toshiba Satellite A105-S4014

Dave Jones wrote:
On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 09:23:49AM -0400, Brandon Thomas wrote:
 > I experienced a problem with my P4 machine, irqbalance crashes.  I did
 > an interactive boot in udev and skipped loading irqbalance, then when it
> booted, i opened the services and disabled irqbalance.
... and then you filed a bug ?

irqbalance might be seeing an MSI interrupt with a number greater than 255. I encountered this several weeks ago while running an -mm kernel under rawhide. irqbalance is hard-coded with an array indexed from 0-255 (corresponding to IRQ numbers), and MSI numbers can exceed that value. irqbalance segfaults when it sees an interrupt number larger than 255 because it attempts to poke an array element that doesn't exist.

Jay