Disk Error BB,AX=4280, Anybody Else?

Installation stopped 20 minutes (or so) into the install of FC6 using a DVD. It was unable to read one of the files. After rebooting the system hung at ISOLINUX, and gave a "Disk Error BB,AX=4280..." I retried many times, same thing. The DVD drive was smoking hot, so I let it cool for a minute, and tried again. This time it made it a little farther and died again, same error. Hmm... I had a fan from an old air hockey table, so I started install again with fan blowing directly on the DVD drive. Install went fine. I have tried the install a few times now (various reasons), and as long as I'm using the fan, install works great.

Is anyone else having problems with DVD/CD drives overheating during install?
David Hunt