Re: any reason to use Sun's Java?

On 10/29/06, Globe Trotter < hidden > wrote:
Hi,

I was planning on, switching completely to the opensource java that comes with
FC6. Is there anything that I will be missing?

My status wrt java is that i am an end-user. I don't develop java applications.
I do run whatever someone else makes up....

Any suggestions?

Well, if you want to give a try for an open source java plugin for firefox try:
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2006/10/fc6-java-plugin-for-firefox.html#links

Note, security is an issue for the moment :)

--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com