Re: any reason to use Sun's Java?

Kim - (or anybody)

Have you run into any issues installing jre 1.5 on Fedora?

I've always installed 1.4.2 in the past - now on FC6, I've had
problems installing both 1.4 and 1.5. The plugin from 1.4 seems to
crash firefox, and 1.5 seems to conlict with openoffice and a list of
other packages...

Thanks,
Chris

PS - I'm investigating the alternatives to Sun's java right now, but
their JRE has always been pretty solid in the past...