Re: Fedora Core 6 ROCKS ! Salute to the developers !

Philip Walden wrote:

Yes, like I said, I have not witnessed a Core release before. You must admit there is a *swarm* of questions about it.

Actually I seem to recall much more traffic here on early releases, when IIRC there was more breakage. Like FC1 -> FC2 which went from 2.4 to 2.6 kernel, naturally and like the other distros making the same change at the same time a lot of things around the kernel made trouble. If it wasn't for the i586 bug FC6 would have been really quite trouble-free and the trend seems to be that as a global distro, the thing is getting more and more solid.

Anyway looking at any OS support forum you will only see problem after problem :-) the happy people generally don't feel moved to post about their happiness much, this thread aside.

-Andy