Re: X Windows has disappeared on FC6 install.

On 10/30/06, Steven Stromer <filter stevenstromer com> wrote:
Rebooted this morning with all services starting properly. Logged in on
splash screen, expecting to get to my gnome desktop; instead I get a
console screen reading:

Fedora Core release 6 (Zed)
Kernel 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 on an i686

[hostmane] login: [blinking cursor]

What the heck is going on?!? Where did X and gnome go? What can I do to
get my desktop back?

CTRL-ALT-F7 worked for me after my upgrade.