Re: POLL: Fedora KDE Users

Joe Klemmer wrote:

Over the years it grew into it'sown WM then it's
own DE but even with all the added featurs and functionality is could
still be made to look and feel like CDE (only much better).
Unfortunately the direction that version 4.4 has taken had moved away
from any kind of CDE'ness.  I'm not ragging on the dev team for Xfce.
They do what they can and feel is right based on what they and the
userbase need.  I am definitely in the vast minority in my preference.
I just will really miss the UI I found to be the one that was right for
me.

I often find this sorta thing quite ironic with various apps that label themselves as lightweight and in this case desktop environments. Over time more and more features get added because people want them, then suddenly it's no longer lightweight and the process starts again ;)

--
Ian Chapman.