Re: POLL: Fedora KDE Users

On 10/30/06, Andy Green <andy warmcat com> wrote:
Joe Klemmer wrote:

>>   - KDE uses much less memory than Gnome, despite greater functionality
>
>       I'd also go into how Xfce makes GNOME and KDE look virtually identical
> in (lack of) functionality and performance but that would only start a
> flamewar and I'm to darn tired to fan it.  :-P

I installed Xfce to see how badly you pay for those extra tens of MB, it
is actually pretty decent.  It seems to take after Gnome in its style,
but of course all the KDE apps work fine.  Compiz doesn't work is the
only real thing, and the built in compositor support is slow.  I'm going
to use it for a while.

-Andy

KDE Light is more the KDE equivalent of XFCE (Which does use GTK)
http://dot.kde.org/988934998/997994187/

--
Fedora Core 5 and proud