evolution deleted message display

Just recently my evolution on FC5 started to display deleted message
subjects with a large black bar that I find distracting instead of
the previous tastefully thin overstrike to indicate deletion.  Does
anyone know how to get the old display back?  I assume this was a
change from a recent update, but I don't see anything about
evolution in the yum log.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com