DVD and CD not automounting in F7

Hi,

it is about four months that my fedora box does not automount dvd and
cd's. It is a F7, with regular updates.

The USB sticks and disks correctly automounts. Running lshal -m, I see
that USB devices are detected and mounted, but CD and DVD are not
reported when inserted in the drive (a simple IDE internal DVD/CD writer
 in a notebook).

By googling, there is a number of cases relative both to hald and
autofs, and so on, but no one gave me an hint :(

Some similar case and suggestion ? Thanks in advance.

Andrea