Re: DVD and CD not automounting in F7

Andrea Mastellone wrote:
Hi,

it is about four months that my fedora box does not automount dvd and
cd's. It is a F7, with regular updates.

The USB sticks and disks correctly automounts. Running lshal -m, I see
that USB devices are detected and mounted, but CD and DVD are not
reported when inserted in the drive (a simple IDE internal DVD/CD writer
 in a notebook).

By googling, there is a number of cases relative both to hald and
autofs, and so on, but no one gave me an hint :(

Some similar case and suggestion ? Thanks in advance.

Probably you changed the "preferences" in your window manager to turn off automount. Or some update did it for you. This is one of the first things I do, since having the system, WM or hal, checking for new media can create problems with burning.

There was a discussion of this on another list, the mode of the burner can get changed, streaming can be interrupted, etc.

If you want to enable that behavior, start in Preferences, I don't remember if it's Hardware or Look&Feel, but it's there, something like "mounting of media or such."

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>