What are these root directories for?

On my Fedora 7 system I have the following root directories which seem
to have no purpose.  As I always wanting to remove distracting
'clutter' I'd like to remove them if it's safe to do so but I don't
want to break anything.  They are:-

    /misc
    /net

There's also /srv which just has a bittorrent sub-directory in it, if
I don't use bittorrent (which I don't) can I remove that too?

--
Chris Green