Re: [OT] Digital camara

Martin Marques wrote:
Hi all, sorry for the OT, but as many people here have more knowledge then me on this topic I'll just ask.

I'm about to by a digital camara and I was looking at a Panasonic Lumix with 5MP and 6x optical zoom.

I tend to see the 6x zoom more interesting then having 7 or more MP, but I'd like to know if I should go for more MP or stay with the good zoom.

Once againg, sorry for the OT.

I have two digital cameras.

One dSLR (Pentax) which was my first. I got the Pentax because I had Pentax SLR lenses that worked with the dSLR. Saved money at the start.

Purchased a point and shoot for those times that we just want a picture.

Both use SD cards and I can swap cards between the cameras.

I prefer optical zoom and was one of the things I was looking for.

Both camera's plug and work in Linux with no problems though I use the SD cards more than plugging the camera into the computer.

One feature that I must have on any camera is a view finder. I hate having the display on in dark locations and sun light can make and LCD display impossible to see to take pictures. This is a very big complaint around work with the point and shoot cameras.

One other feature that I would have liked on my point and shoot is to be water resistant but at the time, I didn't have the extra money. These resist dust and dirt a lot more than normal point and shoot cameras.

--
Robin Laing