Re: downloading fc7 updates manually?

It seems there's at least one more step involved - some of the
security updates have been superceded by ordinary updates, so the
version information I extracted is not sufficient. I will have to use
the security update list to grep the list of current updates.

That "crank up the firewall" idea is sounding better and better.

Dave