Re: Please 'leak' Fedora 8

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Konstantin Svist wrote:

Res wrote:

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Konstantin Svist wrote:
Is it actually that hard, or is it that the ISPs don't really want to invest time/money into it?

To give you an idea, a net enforcer costs arounds 100K AU$ each, now one per PoP, thats 7 here, however the amount of p2p use, that cost is MORE then recovered in the FIRST month alone!

Yeah, that's what I thought.. and that's pretty much my point - the result doesn't justify the investment :)

Investment in the net enforcers, saving an average of $160K in data costs per PoP, per month, certainly justifies the initial cost outlay, after all you spend 100K once for a saving of 160K per month, therefore thats a nice contribution towards expanding, employing more staff, advertising, and of course company profit (remember... ISP's are not around for your enjoyment,
they are a business out to make money, no profit = no business = no ISP)

But certainly it doesnt justify the investment into p2p cache units, since policies to shape the hell out of the abusers do a good enough job already.

--
Cheers
Res