boot cd's

I do my Fedora installs and upgrades by booting off of a CDR and doing a
NFS install from the DVD image that I have on my fileserver.

Is there a difference (other than the logo screen) between the boot cd images
for Fedora versions?  In other words, can I use my F7 boot cd to install F8, or
am I better off to create a new CD from the image on the F8 dvd?