Re: stupid bash tricks (how to loop on the command line)

jbest insightbb com wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: aragonx dcsnow com
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2007 11:45
Subject: stupid bash tricks (how to loop on the command line)
To: fedora-list redhat com

Okay, I saw a neat trick at work the other day.  A coworker
somehow got
the shell to do looping without creating a file.  I believe
he was using
csh to do so and I was wondering if I could do the same thing in
bash.
Basically I would like to be able to do a while loop to execute
a df
command.

Any ideas?

almost any shell command sequence can be executed on the command line... consider the following..
while true; do df; sleep 3; done;

just a matter of separating the command elements with ;'s

believed to be clean.