Re: Fedora 8

Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 23:38 +1030, Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 12:54 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Why don't you just have ONE boot partition?
Surely that is the norm if one is running different systems.
I seem to recall someone saying that updating the kernel on one OS could
mess around with the other files in /boot, knobbling another OS, when
they all had their kernels in /boot.

It doesn't.
Anaconda (both in RHEL and Fedora) does clubber the existing grub.conf
during the installation.

But if you keep a copy of the previous grub.conf and merge with the
newly installed on, it should work just fine.

Updates only add/remove exact kernel versions and files (and the default
option). They do not modify other entries.

- Gilboa

With Fedora changing every 6 months, it is best to not allow anaconda to botch up your grub. And you CAN tell it not to. Then later I can set up grub as I want it :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User